It can be difficult for new server hosts to install mods on a fivem server. Another problem is a lack of reliable information and instructions. It’s a little bit more difficult than it needs to be because there isn’t an official script extender for the server. However, it does not follow that one cannot alter the fivem server.
The problem is that things operate differently on the fivem server. Contrary to other mods in other game servers, the scripts cannot be fixed or installed by just downloading and copying the files.
To install custom scripts, mods, and add-ons on a fivem server, follow the instructions below.
How to download custom scripts for installation
Players can contribute a variety of unique scripts to the fivem server. All of these scripts are available for download without charge and are simple to install. Simply select a custom script and download it. To prevent errors and malfunctions, it is imperative to choose the most recent version of the script.
The script needs to be placed in the resources directory under fivem server> cfxserverdattamaster> scripts. Transfer the downloaded file’s folder to the resources folder. The folder’s contents do not require modification, but it must be added to the start load command prompt.
Setting up and executing the script
Setting the script is the final step. The server.cfg file needs to be opened in notepad or notepad++. The text group with the title “start” contains the scripts. The custom script needs to be inserted there in order to be configured.
“start script name>” should be typed on a new line before the file is saved and closed.
Then start loading the server. The script ought to load immediately alongside the others in the prompt screen. The custom script ought to function using the commands just like any other script.
How to install mods: mod installation is quite similar to script installation.
In contrast to other games, the fivem servers mainly depends on mods and extensions. One needs the mod files to upload to the server, just like when installing scripts. Use of the resources folder is required to install any mods, texts, or add-ons. The process is easy:
The mods that must be installed into the fivem folder can be found and downloaded.
Place the directories and files under fivem servers’ resources folder. It is crucial to pay attention to the mods’ names when they are installed. Resources named.iua should be included in the mods.
The next step is to open and change the citmp-server.yml file using the control panel. The word “autostartresources” needs to be on a line. This is a list of the game’s active mods and plugins. The lines that are already present should not be changed because they are necessary mods and plugins.
Simply add the names of the newly downloaded mods in the same manner as the other lines. (the mod will also include the necessary steps and instructions in the form of a text file or in the descriptions.) The name that must be added to the script will be specified in the instructions.
Restarting the server is the last step. The mod should function if you restart grand theft auto 5 and the server after shutting them off.
Installer guide for mods that need a mysql database
Some mods require a mysql database to be installed and run properly. Mod installation with my sql is easy:
- Of course, downloading and installing mysql for fivem will be the first step. For the fivem server list, the community edition is most frequently utilized.
- The mysql details will be emailed to the modder during installation. The topic’s name will be “database information.” database name, hostname, username, and password are the four information types that must be entered into the mod.
- The mod folder should be located in…/resources/, which is the next step. Either the control panel or ftp can be used for this.
- There will be a line in the servers lua file with the password, username, and database where the data will be entered. Examine the mod’s documentation. Some mods also allow you to add the information in config.lua.
- Some changes need sql to be executed. This script will create the required database tables for the mod. This.sql file can be downloaded from the download page or found in the mod folder.
- Log into phpmyadmin with the mysql credentials provided. The database information email will also provide the url.
- From the left, choose the database. The contents should be copied into the text area of the.sql file. At the bottom of the page on the right, click “go.”
Finally, the server should function after being restarted.
Please get in touch with us if you have any difficulties when moderating on one of our fivem server hosting plans, and we’ll do all in our power to assist.