New mothers and parents can’t wait to show their little bundle of joy to their families and friends. And with lots of baby accessories and fashion materials available in the Australian market, it’s easy to get overwhelmed about what to make the baby wear and what to buy.
Things like baby headbands and cute onesies are just some of the best stuff on top of the list of the most adorable accessories for the baby. So, have a look at what else the list holds:
- Baby Socks
What’s a better way to flaunt those tiny little feet than to adorn them with a beautiful pair of socks? They provide some other significant benefits too, such as:
- Baby socks help regulate a newborn’s body temperature more effectively since the bodies of newborns can’t regulate temperature as effectively as adult bodies do. Good quality and thick socks protect the knees from scraping and give them an extra layer of warmth during cold nights. Meanwhile, cold feet can lead to many problems like irritation and sickness.
- They keep the baby’s feet clean, which provides for a better quality of sleep.
- They protect sensitive feet and skin from harmful UV radiations and temperature fluctuations.
- Hairpins and Headbands
Colourful baby headbands and hairpins can add a touch of cuteness to that happy face. However, there’s still a growing concern among Australian mothers as to whether hair accessories can damage a baby’s hair. But contrary to the popular myth, there is absolutely nothing to worry about as long as they are used sensibly. Meanwhile, make sure it’s comfortable for the baby and remove them if there is any sign of pain or discomfort.
Take a look at these few tips to choose the best hair accessories:
- Go for quality hair accessories that are simplistic in design. Things such as glitter, stones, beads, or other add-ons are potential choking hazards, so avoid them at all costs.
- Cloth accessories that have elastic bands are the best option and more comfortable for the baby too.
- Reduce the use of plastic accessories as these can snap and create sharp edges that can hurt the baby.
- Always remove any hair accessories before putting the baby to sleep.
Everyone’s well aware of the hot summer days under the scorching Australian heat. So it might not be a bad idea to get the newborn equipped with a pair of fashionable sunglasses. As such, go for glasses that offer 100 per cent protection from UV light, and the material should be lightweight for comfort. Buying a wide hat can also be beneficial and will act as an extra barrier of protection for the baby’s delicate skin.
Considering the wide variety of baby products available in the Australian market, none of it would be complete without the fashionable onesies. And along with being one of the most practical outfits for any newborn, onesies are also comfortable as well as functional. No matter what the season is in Australia, baby onesies always get the job done. Additionally, they are easy to clean and easier to put on a baby, too, without any fuss.
With a broad collection of other eye-catching wearables and accessories out there, here are some things to consider to make the best of the purchase:
- Read the labels carefully and make sure that they are ideally suited for newborns.
- Make sure that the product doesn’t have any toxic materials or harmful chemicals in them that can affect the baby in the long run.
- Buy the accessory in such a way that it can be used for years on end.
- And if a baby outgrows an accessory, get rid of it.